专栏名称: 李晨老师教英文
跟随 北外李晨 老师提升英文素养与教学能力
目录
相关文章推荐
BetterRead  ·  那些你可能没有想到的考试失分点 ·  3 小时前  
刘晓光恶魔奶爸  ·  团队准备解散了! ·  22 小时前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  李晨老师教英文

斯塔默就职演讲中英对照+习题

李晨老师教英文  · 公众号  · 英语  · 2024-07-08 06:00

正文

请到「今天看啥」查看全文



22. This lack of trust…

这种信任的缺失……


23. Can only be healed by actions not words…

只能通过行动而不是言语来治愈……


24. I know that.

我很清楚这一点。


25. But we can make a start today…

但我们今天就可以开始行动……


26. With the simple acknowledgment…

通过直截了当的承认……


27. That public service is a privilege.

公共服务是一项崇高的职责。


28. And that your government should treat every single person in this country…

而且英国政府应该对这个国家的每一个人……


29. With respect.

给予尊重。


30. If you voted for Labour yesterday…

如果你昨天投票支持工党……


31. We will carry the responsibility of your trust, as we rebuild our country.

在我们重建国家的过程中,我们将承担这份信任带来的责任。


32. But whether you voted Labour or not…

但无论你是否投票支持工党……


33. In fact - especially if you did not…

事实上——特别是如果你没有投票支持工党……


34. I say to you, directly…

我要直接对你说……


35. My government will serve you.

我的政府将为你服务。


治理愿景

36. Politics can be a force for good - we will show that.

政治可以成为一种向善的力量——我们将证明这一点。


37. And that is how we will govern.

这就是我们将采用的治理方式。


38. Country first, party second.

国家第一,政党第二。


39. Yet, if I'm honest…

然而,坦白说……


40. Service is merely a pre-condition for hope.

服务仅仅是希望的先决条件。

呼吁重置

41. And it is surely clear to everyone…

每个人都很清楚……


42. That our country needs a bigger reset…

我们的国家需要一个更彻底的重置……


43. A rediscovery of who we are.

重新探索我们是谁。


44. Because no matter how fierce the storms of history…

因为无论历史的风浪多么汹涌……


45. One of the great strengths of this nation…

英国的一个巨大优势……


46. Has always been our ability to navigate a way through to calmer waters.

一直是我们有能力穿越风浪,找到通往平静港湾的路径。


47. And yet this depends upon politicians…

然而这取决于政治家们……


48. Particularly those who stand for stability and moderation - as I do…

特别是像我这样,始终主张稳定与温和的人……


49. Recognising when we must change course.

认识到我们何时必须改变方向。

针对具体人群的措施







请到「今天看啥」查看全文